Match day 7 of the FAWNL got underway on Sunday 26th September as teams looked to build on their starts to the season.

Read all about the action in the Premier Divisions here:



Derby County 4 v 0 Middlesbrough

Derby County maintained their winning streak as they took on Middlesbrough at Mickelover Sports Club.

It took 15 minutes for Derby to break the deadlock. Ellie Gilliatt turned her defender to get her first of the afternoon.

They doubled their lead around the half hour mark when Precious Hamilton headed home. Gilliatt then made it three before the break, turning home Sophie Domingo’s assist.

Gilliatt sealed her hat-trick deep into the second half to secure Derby a comfortable three points.


Huddersfield Town 2 v 3 Wolves 

Wolves continued their unbeaten start to the season with a solid win over Huddersfield Town.

It was an all-action first half. The hosts struck first in the first minute when Lucy Sowerby fired home. But Ellie Butler hit back for Wolves before Anna Morphet put them ahead. Huddersfield battled and found an equaliser on the stroke of half-time through Brittany Sanderson.

Helen Dermody restored the visitors’ lead nine minutes into the second period. A stunning strike worthy of winning any game and it did.


Hull City 0 v 3 Burnley

These two sides had faced each other in the Cup a fortnight ago, and the result wasn’t much different this time out.

After a lively start, Burnley took the lead in the 25th minute when Nic Worthington tapped home Evie Priestley’s cross. And four minutes later, they had doubled the score with Courtney Willis once again on the scoresheet.

It was Willis who made it three immediately after the break, securing the three points for her side.

Nottingham Forest 1 v 0 Fylde

Nottingham Forest bounced back from two successive defeats to end Fylde’s unbeaten start to the season.

The only goal of the game came from Jade Arber in the 22nd minute, converting after rounding the keeper.

Stoke City 1 v 1 Brighouse Town

The spoils were shared at Community Drive as Stoke City battled back to draw with Brighouse.

The visitors took the lead with 23 minutes on the clock when Monique Watson turned home Darcie Greene’s cross. However, Roisin Kivel hit back with a stunning strike on the brink of half-time to secure the point.


West Brom 5 v 0 Loughborough Lightning

West Brom ran out comfortable winners against Loughborough Lightning on Sunday.

They were ahead early on when Trina Greaves converted from a goal-mouth scramble. Leigh Dugmore then doubled the score with a diving header. Dugmore then added another just before the break to ensure her side were in cruise control.

The hosts weren’t done and added two more goals in the second half. Jannelle Straker hit in the 66th minute before Greaves sealed her brace.




Hounslow 0 v 11 Portsmouth FC

Portsmouth marked their return to FAWNL action, running riot over a struggling Hounslow side.

Dani Lane gave her side the lead within two minutes, volleying home Tamsin de Bunsen’s assist. The score was doubled almost immediately, de Bunsen this time assisting Samantha Quayle.

Rosie McDonnell added another in the 16th minute before Lane scored her second of the afternoon. Ava Rowbotham and Shannon Albuery added two more before the break.

Quayle notched another just after half-time before Albuery also notched her second. Lane sealed her hat-trick with a rocket shortly followed by Albuery doing the same. There was also time for Quayle to secure her hat-trick.


Keynsham Town 2 v 1 Chichester & Selsey

Keynsham ended a four-game losing streak as they edged past Chichester & Selsey.

The hosts took the lead in the 42nd minute when Laura Williams turned home a rebounded effort.

The visitors equalised immediately after the break with Gemma Simmonds slotting the ball home. But Keynsham came again and scored the winner through Williams just a minute later.


MK Dons 1 v 1 Cardiff City

Cardiff City took an early lead at Stadium MK through Kelly Isaac. But the hosts fought back well. Marianne Taho equalised for them in the 22nd minute.

There were no further goals in the second half and the points were shared.


Oxford United 3 v 0 Bridgwater United

Oxford United sealed a comfortable victory at home over Bridgwater United.

It was Carly Johns who opened the lead, converting from the spot early in the first half. Sophie Baker then doubled the scoring, turning home Daisy McLachlan’s assist.

The hosts added a third in the second half. In-form Beth Lumsden’s fantastic free kick ensured the three points for her side.


Southampton FC 5 v 0 London Bees

Southampton maintained their 100% start to life in the FAWNL Premier with a comfortable victory over London Bees.

Sophia Pharoah opened the scoring for her side before Leeta Rutherford doubled the score before the break.

Lucia Kendall struck shortly after half-time and in-form forward, Ella Pusey, added another to her tally. Caitlin Morris wrapped it all up with four minutes left to play.

Plymouth Argyle 1 v 3 Gillingham

Gillingham earned back-to-back wins as they travelled to the south coast.

They took the lead in the 7th minute when Amy Russ pounced on a mistake at the back. Argyle battled and did find the equaliser not long after when Zoe Cunningham fired home a free kick.

The game looked to be heading for a draw, but the visitors turned on the pressure in the last ten minutes. They took the lead in the 83rd when Russ turned home a rebounded effort. And they made sure of the victory shortly after through a wonder strike from Russ to seal her hat-trick.

You may also like