Match day 2 of the FAWNL got underway on Sunday 22nd August as teams looked to build on their starts to the season.

Read all about the action in the Division 1 here:



Bradford City 1-2 Durham Cestria

Durham Cestria earned their first win of the season away to Bradford City.

They took the lead in the fifth minute when Jordan Atkinson’s free kick went in off a Bradford body.

Amy Hargrave doubled the visitors’ lead in the 72nd minute, turning home a saved shot. Keegan Lambert pulled a goal back for the hosts with four minutes left to play but it proved to be too little too late.


Chester le Street Town 4-2 FC United

Chester le Street scored four as they held off FC United of Manchester.

Nicole Havery notched a first half brace, with goals in the fifth and 26th minutes.

FC United pulled one back through Kate O’Gara shortly after the break but Rachel Mellor soon restored the deficit for the hosts. Charlotte Proud then added another with three minutes to play. O’Gara added another for FC United in the 89th minute.


Chorley 2-1 Leeds United

Chorley made it two wins from two, coming from a goal down against Leeds United.

The visitors opened the scoring from the spot through Sarah Danby. However, Chorley then levelled through a penalty themselves after Emma Hickson was fouled. Rachel Hindle duly converted.

The hosts grabbed the winner in the second half when Hickson headed home a Laura Walker free kick.


Norton & Stockton Ancients 8-1 Alnwick Town

Norton cruised to victory against Alnwick Town in their second fixture of the season.

Bianca Owens opened the scoring in the fifth minute, chipping it into the back of the net after Alnwick’s keeper was loose in possession. She then added another shortly after before securing her hat-trick in injury time in the first half. Lily Patrick added another just before the break.

They continued the scoring shortly after half-time when Shannon Reed’s deflected shot hit the back of the net. Vicki Burton then headed home on the line to make it six. There was still time for Owens to add two more, bringing her tally for the day to five.

Alnwick scored a consolation in the 89th minute through Lucy McConnell.


Stockport County 0-2 Liverpool Feds 

Liverpool Feds built on their opening day win with another 2-0 victory away to Stockport County.

Rosie Kinvig gave them a first half lead before Abbie Pope doubled the score after the break to ensure the three points.



Bedworth United 1-5 Peterborough United

Peterborough United started life in the FAWNL with a resounding win over Bedworth United.

They took the lead in the first minute when Jess Driscoll rounded keeper.

Bedworth hit back early in the second half through Kirsty Farnsworth. But the visitors pushed on from there. Ellen Marson gave Peterborough back the lead, smashing home from a tight angle. Keir Perkins then added a third with a left-footed shot before Perkins got her second soon after. She quickly sealed her hat-trick – three goals in ten minutes.


Boldmere St. Michaels 0-0 Burton Albion


Doncaster Belles 1-0 Sporting Khalsa

Doncaster Belles earned their second win in as many games in a game of few chances at Rossington Main.

The winner came in spectacular fashion when Sophie Scargill volleyed home Isabella Trevillion’s cross from 20 yards in the 76th minute.


Holwell Sports 1-3 Solihull Moors

Solihull Moors continued their good start to the campaign with their second win against Holwell Sports.

Lois Jefferies headed home a set piece to give them a 35th minute lead. However, the hosts drew level with Courtney Cropper looping an effort home. Solihull re-took the lead just before the break when Jefferies tapped home from an unmarked position.

The visitors ensured the three points immediately after half-time when Jefferies rattled the crossbar and Kathryn Pagan was there to turn home the rebound.


Lincoln City 0-1 Leek Town

After a heavy opening day defeat, Leek Town responded well with a narrow victory over Lincoln City.

They left it late to secure the points with Cassie Hyde heading home in the 87th minute.


Wem Town 1-6 Long Eaton United

Long Eaton United made it two wins from two with an emphatic victory over Wem Town.

There were braces for Moira McIntosh and Matilda Hallas-Potts, while Laura Dexter and Jordan Atkin also got on the scoresheet.

Zoe Griffiths scored the consolation goal for Wem Town.


fawnl division 1 south east

Billericay Town 2-1 AFC Wimbledon

Billericay Town came from behind to earn victory over AFC Wimbledon.

AFC Wimbledon took the lead in the 13th minutes through Emily Oliver. However, the hosts levelled with half an hour on the clock when Shannan Drewe curled a shot into the back of the net.

Mia Lockett then scored what turned out to be the winner in first half injury time.


Cambridge United 2-1 Enfield Town

Cambridge United recovered from opening day defeat to beat Enfield Town.

Ruth Fox gave the hosts a first half lead. Enfield equalised immediately after half-time through Leah Littlechild.

Amy Howlett scored the winner in the second half.


Harlow Town 2-3 Cambridge City

Cambridge City edged past Harlow Town to secure their first victory of the season.

Their three goals came from Grace Stanley, Hannah Bodily and Philippa Witherspoon

Harlow Town scored through Hannah Porter in the first half and Billie Brooks in the second on her debut.


Hashtag United 3-1 Actonians

It was dejá-vu for Hashtag United as their winning score line reflected that of the opening weekend.

Emma Samways gave the hosts the lead just before the break. Actonians then hit back immediately after half-time through Alessandra Barreca’s strike.

In the 63rd minute, Kelly Wealthall headed Hashtag back into the lead before doubling her tally with 15 minutes to play. She rounded keeper to ensure victory for her side.


Kent Football United 1-3 QPR

QPR’s strong second half performance saw them earn their second victory on the bounce.

It was goalless at the break after Erin Pope missed a penalty. She atoned for her miss, however, when she lobbed the hosts into the lead in the 47th minute before following up with a second five minutes later.

The hosts pulled one back when Amy Panaye struck from the spot. But QPR restored the deficit with just under 20 minutes to play when Pope headed home to register her hat-trick.


London Seaward 3-0 Norwich City

London Seaward registered their first win of the season as they eased past Norwich City.

Niamh Carty fired her side into the lead in the 30th minute. Kate Bradley added a second in first half injury time when she fired in from a corner. They ensured the three points in the 66th minute when Katherine Long headed home.



AFC Bournemouth 1-1 Exeter City

AFC Bournemouth earned their second point of the season with a draw against Exeter City.

Kelly Fripp gave the hosts the lead. However, Connie Pengelly equalised for Exeter late on to share the spoils.


Chesham United 8-3 Buckland Athletic

Having sat out the first week, Chesham got their FAWNL campaign off to a flying start in a 11-goal thriller with Buckland Athletic.

It was actually the visitors who took the lead in the second minute as Chloe Williams notched her first goal for the club.

However, the hosts hit back when Gemma Fraser equalised in the 12th minute. Kate Bowers the fired them into the lead before Fraser notched her second. Bowers added another goal before the break.

Chesham didn’t let up and Fraser sealed her hat-trick after the break quickly followed by a goal for Kirsty Gladwin and Bowers scored a hat-trick of her own.

Buckland did pull two back through Carmen Morison and Hana Bennett. However, Fraser added a final goal in the last minute, her fourth of the match.


Poole Town 0-4 Cheltenham Town

Cheltenham Town earned their first win of the season with a solid victory over Poole Town.

Amy Wathan’s 25-yard strike gave them a first half lead. Billie Haynes then doubled the score after the break before Abby Bevan lobbed the keeper for the third. George-Marie Barbour-Gresham rounded off the score line on her debut.


Portishead 1-1 Swindon Town

It finished all square in Portishead as they shared the points with Swindon Town

Shannon Holloway gave the hosts the lead in the 20th minute. It looked like they would hold on for victory but were dealt a blow six minutes from time. Swindon hit back through Riane Lewis to secure a point.


Southampton Women 0-0 Maidenhead United

You may also like